With the change of seasons; the cooler temperatures; and the fact that it gets dark at 4:30 PM can sometimes be a really hard time of year to stay motivated when it comes to our health and fitness. And with the added stress that we put on ourselves during the holidays, it is another whammy that can wreak havoc on our lives. I believe we have choices when it comes to situations like this…We can either moan and groan and do nothing except moan and groan (which I find absolutely annoying) or we can challenge ourselves and get motivation from other places.
I think we should go with option 2, because who wants to be around cranky people this time of year. We all have our own stuff to deal with on a daily basis, so stop making excuses. You deserve to be happy and healthy day in and day out. You are the one in control of that, so invest some time and money in YOU and do what makes YOU feel your best. You should be glowing inside and out as we roll into the holidays! Here are a few of my ideas and ones that I have followed and seen success:
- Change things up: As you all know, I love my new membership at The Westmoor Club. After doing so much running and at-home workouts, I have changed up my routine and I could not be happier. It feels good to be using machines and dumbbells again. It feels good getting my butt kicked in Spin class. And it feels good to already notice some strength gains from taking a Booty Barre class weekly. Yes, you heard me correctly…a Booty Barre class and I LOVE it. I have no rhythm, but my teacher ROCKS and it is fun and it makes me smile as I am dripping sweat.
- Grab a friend: I am always working out alone and I typically do not like to workout with anyone, when I am lifting weights or running. But for classes and long walks, it is always nice to have a friend by your side. It makes the time go by faster; you get to catch up; you get to help each other; and it is just FUN. So the next time you head to your favorite class, call a friend and tell them to join you. I promise you will both be smiling at the end!
- Invest in a fitness tracker: Let’s face it when it comes to our health and fitness we can sometimes be “know it alls” and a little stubborn. But when you are not seeing the results that you want, sometimes you have to do the research; ask for help; and invest in YOU and that means financially. I complain too about spending money on gadgets, but I have done it before and honestly never regretted it. You can learn so much, that you did not know before. Being able to track your progress; seeing your gains; getting confirmation that the hard work is paying off…All of that information is AWESOME stuff!
Click To Tweet
I want to introduce you to the Skulpt Chisel that you should check out and see if it is a good fit for you!
- The Chisel is available on Indiegogo for only $99. It’s a leaner, lighter, more affordable tracker for measuring % body fat and muscle quality with great accuracy;
- Your results will sync instantly on your smartphone app;
- Skulpt tells you when you are losing fat and gaining muscle;
- Differentiates high (lean) muscle quality versus low (fattier) muscle quality, so you can measure fat loss (not weight loss) as well as gains in muscle mass;
- Measures Total Body MQ & Fat quickly!
Click To Tweet
I think that this is a great product to learn more about, otherwise I would not be telling you about it. I was sent the Skulpt Aim to review. My initial thoughts when I saw this device was…yeah this interesting and a little bulky and is this honestly worth the investment? I totally admit that I can be a “Negative Nancy”, but this is what I am going to tell you and then you can decide whether or not you want to make the purchase:
- $99.00 is a great deal with the Chisel! I wish I was sent this one, because I like the size of it better and I think lighter and less bulky is just easier to carry around;
- Having your results instantly sync to your app is easy! I believe this definitely helps you stay motivated and accountable;
- When you are in a rut and need that extra push to stick to your goals and nothing else is working, remember that you are worth the investment. Investing in a device that can motivate you through a rough patch is worth it, so check it out!
*Disclaimer: I was paid for this post and product. All opinions are my own.*
What was the last fitness gadget you invested in?
How do you motivate yourself when you have hit a “rough patch”?