High-Fives to it FINALLY being Friday! It was a crazy week here 30 miles out to sea…I honestly do not understand where the days go. Even though I wake up around 5:30 AM, I still do not have enough time in the day to get all these thoughts written down, while still trying to keep some time for myself. DOH! I am just happy that I love what I do, but sometimes even for me, it can be stressful and overwhelming. My cure is either a long walk with Lucy or a really good sweaty workout!
Every morning during the week, I make it a goal to get to The Westmoor Club between 6:45 – 7:00 AM, so that this gives me a hour to enjoy some coffee; time with Lucy; and do a hour of social media work. This also allows me to fully take advantage of my workout and enjoy that 15 minute steam room session. A good part of me getting through my workouts is looking forward to that eucalyptus steam. It is that good! It can be up to a 2 hour adventure, but that is why I get up early, so I can do the things that I enjoy, before I tackle my work day!
On Wednesday, I woke up fully charged and ready to ROCK! Before I even had my cup of coffee, I knew it was going to be a good day…Ever have that feeling? Besides the stressful car issues I have been having and the normal day to day stuff that tends to wear on me, I was not going to let that rain on my “Positive Patty” parade. I went to The Westmoor Club and decided to jump on the treadmill and do a lot of the plyometrics I despise. I felt strong; I needed to switch things up; and wanted to kick my own butt. Mission accomplished!
Things to note about this workout:
- I can be a numbers junkie when it comes to working out, so this time I focused on the calories (EVEN THOUGH I know they aren’t accurate. I just would get to 100 and then jump off. Each time it was about 8 minutes of intervals);
- Perform 3 rounds of each circuit (not the treadmill, just the exercises);
- Rest 45 seconds between each circuit;
- Use DB’s when necessary…I used 10 pounds and was challenged, but could go heavier next time!
- Take no rest after you finish the last circuit and jump back on the treadmill!
Try this plank variation to switch things up…Side Plank with Knee to Chest…Start in side plank and stay there for 30 seconds…Once you hit 30, bring your knee into your chest SLOWLY…slowly bring it back to starting and repeat until the minute is complete! Flip to the other side and do the exact same thing!